Sunday, July 17, 2011

Father and Daughter, both killed for freedom for Iran

Abdolreza Rajabi
In October 2008, mullahs' regime murdered political prisoner Abdolreza Rajabi, under torture in Gohardasht prison. He was a member of the People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK). PMOI supports the overthrow of the Iranian regime.

Rajabi was born in 1962 in Mahidasht (west of the western province of Kermanshah).  In 2001 the Ministry of Intelligence and Security (MOIS) arrested Rajabi.  Later on he was sentenced to death by the mullahs judiciary.  In 2006 his sentence was commuted to life imprisonment.   He was under constant torture while he was in Dize Abad and Evin prison.  He was subjected to physical and psychological torture for the longest time.  On, October 26, he was moved, with no explanation, to Gohardasht prison (about 40 kilometers west of the capital). On, October 30, 2008, he was tortured to death and mullahs' henchmen mutilated his body.

Faezeh Rajabi
Abdolreza's daugher, Faezeh Rajabi became a resident of Camp Ashraf, which is located in the province of Diyla, Iraq.  Camp Ashraf is home to 3,400 members of the People's Mojahedin of Iran (PMOI/MEK).
On, April 8, 2011 the unarmed residents (who are protected by the Fourth Geneva Convention) of Camp Ashraf were attacked by 2,500 armed Iraqi forces under the orders of Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki and the behest of the Iranian regime.  They attacked the residents brutally and violently.  The residents were shot at and were being ran over by heavy military vehicles and Humveees. This attack left 36 unarmed Iranians dead, and more than 300 wounded.  Faezeh Rajabi was one of the residents who were killed. While Faezeh was video taping the brutal attack on the residents, she was targeted, shot, and killed by the Iraqi forces.

Now Alongside her Father
Faezeh Rajabi said, "For seven years, my father resisted the Iranian regime in its prisons. During those years, I was always waiting for him to come back. I always thought to myself that when I see him again, I would hug him very tightly and tell him everything about myself, until last week, when I was informed about his death.''

"When we used to go visit my father in prison, I was very little. But I remember that every time, he was smiling and was very lively. Although I later found out that he had been horrendously tortured at that time, he never showed it and would not let us realize that he had so much pain.

"When I got older, my father would tell us in every visit, 'Go to Ashraf - that is where you belong.' He would say that Ashraf is the hope of the Iranian people. At that time, I didn't understand what kind of a place Ashraf is. All I wanted was to be near him and hug him and kiss him in the visits we had once in a while, and tell him how much I missed him.

"When I came to Ashraf for a visit and then decided to stay here, I finally understood what he had said all along about Ashraf, and why he said it is the hope of our people", Ms Rajabi said.

Now, Faezeh is now alongside her father. Their dreams of a Free Democratic Iran are still alive, and will never die.  The people of Iran and Camp Ashraf is what is keeping it alive.
As Maryam Rajavi leader of the NCRI (National Council of Resistance of Iran) recently said in a gathering in Villepinte, France:

''Listen to the chants of the Arab Spring: The people demand the overthrow of the ruling regimes. Indeed, we say to the ruling mullahs: you cannot escape the inevitable fate of being overthrown.''
In another part of her speech she said, ''We are confident, with every fiber of our being, that freedom will prevail''

By Donya Jam
Facts and Information from NCRI

No comments:

Post a Comment